Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bad Seller Alert - Micah Braden aka Micah Denzel-Braden in TC
View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #144
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 974x4Taco View Post
The hub cone washers don't have to be removed...popping the dial face off gets you to the snap ring.....the steering arm cone washers are a gray area....i have seen people gete the entire knuckle assembly to slide off by only pulling the lower bearing cap which has no washers....i have never personally done it though....even if you have to pull the cone washers..a bfh and a punch and unless the thing has been at the bottom of a lake for years they will come right off in my experience.

For the record i think what the seller did is bullshit. However i also think its bullshit for the buyer to play the "its too much work to verify it card". Should he have had too? No. Should he have done it anyway if the chromo shafts were highly important too him? Yup.

My 2 cents
Oh, I don't think you shouldn't check, just saying its one of those things that out west, they say its a 10 minute job, and here it can take a weekend.

My view is if you want to check, it should be discussed/prearranged, and a good seller would have probably opened it up in advance, be ready to open it when you get there, or had receipts or something. If they won't, and its a reasonable request, its a red flag.

Communication is king.
Haggar is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08258 seconds with 20 queries