View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #97
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,699
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Wait, you paid $1000 MORE because you THOUGHT it had chromo shafts, or you paid $1,000 in total for the vehicle?
I don't wish to continue this, I got my point across but i'll respond to you because I have nothing to hide. I didn't pay 1000 MORE because he said it had the shafts, I paid for the totality of the parts that were there...or supposed to be there. The 1000 is what it costs to make it what it was supposed to be.

It doesn't matter what was paid for it. What matters is that the guy lied about it. That's all I wanted to convey here. That he is not to be trusted and to warn other people.

For the record, when I found out about it, I tried to work it out with him. I even found a used set for 300 bucks and asked him to make it right. He didn't want to make it right. A man is only as good as his word and his is no good.

swampjeep said:
Quote:
going to court over it woudl depend how much was at stake, and how back the person pissed me off when I talked with them about the mis-representation.
And that's the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I wonder why muddypaws won't respond and answer why he didn't verify what he was really buying? We all know that since he last logged on yesterday at 4 in the afternoon he's seen these posts.....

come on tim, why you mad bro
To tell you the truth I didn't look at this thread. I got my point across and was done with it. I logged in to respond to a PM that I got an e-mail alert for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
This is where I disagree. Based on my speculation, which muddy whiner won't confirm, the sole reason to choose this truck was the axle shafts and the price of the truck compared to ther similar options out there......
The shafts were not the sole reason I bought the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
You don't have to tear the whole axle down to verify, did he ask for receipts? Did he ask for the stock shafts that were removed? was the $1,000 worth enough to him that a few minutes of verifying what he bought would have saved him a trip back to court to try and sue the guy? What about the seller claiming to offer a receipt and he refused? Did he not want "as is" in writing?
The seller hasn't even posted. I don't know what you mean about offering a receipt and me not wanting one and not wanting "as is" put on it. I have the title with the price and a signature.

I did ask for receipts. He didn't have them. Dad, who was older and thought was ok said they had installed them when they did the gears, like I said and he "guaranteed" it with his word which now I know means nothing. That's on me. Hopefully no one else gets burned by them.

A few minutes of verifying?

Jack it up
put it on stands
pull the tire
remove pads and calipers
remove hub
remove wheel bearings
remove the rotor
remove spindle
then pull the shaft out
put it back in
put spindle back on
put put rotor back on
set bearings
put hub back on
put caliper and pads on
put tire on
lower vehicle

That's a lot more than a couple minutes...and that's just the front. That job books at 2.4 labor hours. So is that practical? In a perfect world, sure. In the real world, not so much. Even if I was willing, would you let some guy off the street take apart your daily driver for that? What if I broke something or damaged something doing it? Just isn't very realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I also speculate that this deal felt fishy when he bought a truck with mismatched gears and axles, a cracked frame, a misfiring engine etc. He knew damn well what he was getting and buying and he thought he was getting a deal until he got hoime. He knew damn well what he might have been getting into but he still chose to buy it. Now he's just pissed he spent the money now that he has had the chance to take it home and check it out.
I didn't buy it for what it DIDN'T have. I bought it for what it DID have....or what it was supposed to have. Those things it didn't have didn't matter to me. The frame had rust in the rear. I knew that. I didn't care. Even if it had a brand new frame, it was getting chopped off and bobbed. I didn't buy it for the gears so that wasn't an issue, it was getting new gears anyway. It had a limited slip front end and I knew that was coming out. It didn't have mismatched axles. It had a SAS conversion done in the front. Again, didn't buy it for what it didn't have. What else it didn't have is irrelevant. I have never said anything about the gears or anything else. My ONLY issue was the shafts that he lied about. Everything else was exactly as stated, as advertised and as seen.

If this saves another person from getting burned by these guys, then mission accomplished. Tis the power of the internet. Many people on here have been saved trouble by others listing their experiences. I just offer mine regarding this guy.

This isn't the only place I posted this and from those outlets I have learned more damaging information about Micah Braden that I have not posted. The lies about the shafts are all I was concerned about.

Last edited by Buggy_Tim; May 17th, 2013 at 11:48 PM.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.08388 seconds with 11 queries