View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #9
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I don't think it's a bad price. But since you are asking for input, here are a couple things that make a person unsure.

The biggest cam I could put in it.............. better specs on an engine rebuild help. What is the lift & duration?
Some people have no issue with a welded dif, others do.
The rear axle leaks
The transfer case leaks
The passenger window doesn't work
The CB doesn't work.

With all that, a person realizes they are buying a project vehicle. The upside is kudos to you for being honest about it.

Back to your original question, yes, I think the price is fair. I'm just trying to help give insight to why no one has jumped on it. Don't worry, it will sell.
to go a step farther with this, 2 years ago I was selling a clean 97 TJ, no rust but it wasn't polished...
I was asking $5000 or best, had 5 people look at it, no buyers.
I spend a day detailing it, good wash, polish it up, wax, extra things like cleaning up the frame with a black can of spray paint, not covering anything bad, just making it look cleaner, put it back out for $6000 and sold to the first person who looked at it, the first night it was out, for $5800.

Most people just don't want to lift a finger, they want the vehicle to be ready to go as soon as they buy it.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08016 seconds with 11 queries