Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - General Grabber AT2
View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #6
46flattie
flattie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Im running a set of the 265/75-17 General AT2's right now and have run a few sets of BFG AT's in the past....unfortunately not all on the same vehicle when it comes to comparisons, but I can tell you I like the Generals slightly better than the BFG's. I bought a second set for our tahoe...of which got totalled by a drunk soon after I installed them. (Kept them for our truck though!)

Lower price
Slightly better traction in the snow
Similar if not better road manners
Similar if not better off-road

The only possible downfall may be tread life compared to the BFG. I think they may wear a little faster, but I am running them on a Dodge 2500 4x4 where the BFG's were on XJ's and an SJ. Therefore, a much heavier vehicle, and due to a dealer screw up, I am running a normal load range vs. an E range...not sure if the tread compound is different on a load range E or not. In addition, our truck is used in our surveying business, so it sees a lot of stop, go and u-turns...expect to get about 40,000 out of them. I would expect better out of a normally driven lighter weight vehicle and plan to put a set on our XJ by next winter.
46flattie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06452 seconds with 20 queries