Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Road Bike People
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #5
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
Thats huge!
just joking. when I rode regular I had/have campy hubs and NISI Toro rims. at 175lbs I broke spokes regular like. even carried spare in my pouch. as of late I have been maintaining a triathlon bike for a buddy. he has the advantage of being very small(about 155) his bike is as light as fly shit. he has the mavic supers if I remember right with a 16 spoke pattern.
You can be heavy and ride super light wheels and not bend them or break spokes. It is all in how you lace them, the nipples you use, spoke size and most importantly don't ride like a retard. I rode competitively for a few years while I was working at a shop and I have owned many, many bikes. I have never broke a spoke in my life with the exception of one set of cyclocross wheel that I built like a moron. They were Sachs hubs and mavic sup rims. The mistake I made was using aluminum nipples and straight laced the front. The wheels I have on my bike now are mavic ksyriums that I bought 12 years ago. I have never even touched them with a truing wrench. Those are a 1600 gram wheelset. I weigh around 225 but I ride smooth.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06241 seconds with 20 queries