Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - construction loan....who done it?
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #19
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
Its difficult when what your looking for is in short demand. I want a little bit of land with a house in good shape that already has a pre existing pole barn. I want to live in a particular area so I can be close to a major freeway but far enough away so I don't hear road traffic. That can be a small pond.

Case in point: Google: 2735 north latson rd. Howell MI. I looked at this property today, its been on the market for less then 15 days I think? 10 acres, modular home built in 1994, has a pond and a huge pole barn. On the market for $199k. Its already sold, foreclosure. Here's the kicker it was a wreck! Had major foundation and house issues, was completely trashed. Id estimate at least 50k just to make the home habitable, probability closer to 100k for the entire property to bring it back to a slightly nice place.

What you don't want is in high availability. What you Do isn't.
I see what you are saying, I was just talking shit. I just got increadibly lucky. He had it for sale a few years back for 180 and didn't get any takers because of the market at that time. I think he was just discouraged. He bought it for 200k 7 years ago and put 30k into it since. I stole it for WAY less than 180. He is even leaving it fully furnished. I can say it was the deal of a lifetime.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06184 seconds with 20 queries