Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "The Predator" another YJ build.
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #262
big86inthestixx

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well played hookey today, wrapped up the jeep and trailer for the haul to the blessing.
Farted around in the yard climbing trees and stuff, ended up breaking the ball and joint in my front driveshaft. Sooo..had to dream up a quick fix.
Ended up making the front shaft cv less. Droops out ok, the yokes dont bind but they r clooose..
Here's the broke cv

Here's the new shaft. Straight enough for 60mph..lol had to stretch it 3.5" to make up for the cv that is now gone.

Also cleaned the jeep today, first time since last October! Looks ok...color doesn't match 100% but close.

Also tried my home made go pro camera wonder if the video will work? Nothing special just screwing round.

Moving forward, thinking about keeping up with the Jones. .lol copying kyle, and Brian and gunna go 1410 in the front to solve all my problems. .then I only gotta keep one kind of spare joint..Hahaha 1410s...
Ready for the blessing, was planning on night wheeling at twisted Saturday night but plans fell through. Dang it!!!.

sended frum dis stoopid fone.
big86inthestixx is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07333 seconds with 20 queries