Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Land rover or excursion
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:34 AM   #20
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

My only experience with Land Rovers have been negative. My roommate in college got a 2001 Discovery II and bragged about its reliability and offroad prowess. He proceded to get humiliated offroad by a bone stock 93 S10 Blazer, having me go rescue him when he broke down repeatedly, had damn near the entire electrical system replaced when the dealer drove 500 miles to the UP to tow it back downstate and fix, etc, etc. He traded it in on an Escape and never looked back.

I agree on the GM with LS suggestions. They run forever....only thing to be weary of is 4L60E transmissions with lots of miles. They tend to crap out. You mentioned a Trailblazer. My wife got a 2004 with 80k miles back in December. So far it's been a very good vehicle and we both like it, but the mileage is barely any better than what a Tahoe with the 5.3 would get if you don't drive like an idiot. Pretty sure I saw a Trailblazer on here for a really good deal within the past few weeks, I'd search the "vehicles for sale" forum for it.
bbaXJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05477 seconds with 20 queries