Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Pulling off the road for a funeral
View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:29 AM   #1
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default Pulling off the road for a funeral

Ok, I was discussing this with co-workers last night, and one of them who feels he has a firm grasp on the law, looked up the law. It says you must yield to funeral processions and give them the right of way. I knew this, you can't cut into a funeral procession. However, the question at hand was, if you are traveling in one direction on a 2 lane road and a funeral procession is heading in the opposite direction on the 2 lane road, do you need to pull over to the side of the road? I interpret the law as you give them the right of way and yield to them, but in the case of traveling in opposite directions, you aren't infringing on their right of way and you're free to continue traveling. He interprets it as you MUST pull over to the side of the road as you would with a emergency vehicle. All the rest of my co-workers felt that it was just a common courtesy and a showing of respect.

GL4x4, what say you? Especially Hancho, I would like to hear what he has to say on it.

The discussion was spurred by this article/video:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/22037194...on-controversy
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05021 seconds with 20 queries