Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Workout routines
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #13
WSU JK

Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a routine that I do each morning after I wake up and then in the evening before I go to sleep. For me, it's more about stretching and limbering than getting strong:

50 jumping jacks
50 push-ups
50 jumping jacks
A bunch of burpees (somewhere between 10 and 30 depending on how I feel)
Squats or lunges (3x12)
Leg lifts (3x20)
Superman (10 for 5 count each)
Lunges (5 for 5 count each leg)
Cherry pickers (3x12)
50 jumping jacks

I try to keep the rests between each exercise to the bare minimum. My goal is to stretch and get my heart rate up, and keep it up.

Most mornings I then go outside for a 6 to 20 mile run with either some speedwork or fartleks mixed in. My long runs are always Saturday mornings: 15 to 20+ miles at my slightly faster than my marathon pace. Sundays are my shortest runs of the week usually at about 6 or 7 miles... but every playground, park, school, or church I pass I stop and do ten push-ups... Let me tell you - there are a lot of playgrounds, parks, schools, and churches in Birmingham. If I am running that morning, I also do one max set of pull-ups in my backyard before and after my run.

I've realized that I could probably save some money and cut out my gym membership completely but I really like that they have a nice steam room and I like to mix in a spin class a few times a month.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06053 seconds with 20 queries