Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bestside exhibit Q,R,S,T,U,V
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #11
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
It's really hard to say I suppose. It's been years since I even drove through that area.

Anything north of downtown between 475 and like Clio Rd. is REALLY sketchy. It seems as though hearing of a body fished out of Devils Lake was a common occurrence.

We used to go watch the people drag race on James P. Cole Blvd. on the weekends. Usually the cops would roll through and break it up. Saw quite a few fights, heard gun shots a few times, but that's not the point of my story. One night we heard a ton of sirens, but never saw any police. Besides they liked to try and sneak up. I figured I'd go find out where they went. We headed up Saginaw and they had the road blocked off so I tried a few side roads to see if I could get closer. Somehow we came out right in the middle of their blocked off area and out in front of one of the clubs in the middle of the street a couple guys were laying face down... and no one was in a hurry to attend to them. That was the last time I went exploring in Flint.
I assume you went to Kettering? I was all set to go there then figured I should check out Michigan Tech too. I'm sooooo glad I chose Houghton over Flint.
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06696 seconds with 20 queries