Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker
You're not going to cause a fire, but it's shady to do that.
Common microwave takes 1000w, so that is 8 amps. I doubt the hair dryer takes more than 8 as well, so if you installed 12 wire and have a 20 amp breaker, you will be fine.
If you put 14 or 16 wire on a 20 amp breaker, you better have good house insurance.
I have a clear run up the wall to add the plug into the cupboard, and extra spots in my circuit box. I have everything but the breaker, so I will just do it right.