View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Any tune-up stuff for diesel that has sat for a few years?

I recently got a different tractor, a Kubota L-series with a 2.2liter 4 cyl 43hp diesel. It used to belong to my Grandpa, who passed away about 5 years ago. Since then, its just sat in his garage.

It was previously used before he got it, and seems like used hard (guessing commercial, compared to home use, just seems kinda beat up). Has about 700 hours on it.

Got it started, and its all working, but seems to be running a little rough, and to me, seems a little low on power, compared to what I expected, in the mid and high range gears, driving up inclines. (We have a 29hp diesel B series and 32hp diesel L series, all are hydros, so I have decent comparisons). And running a touch rough. It does have bigger tires, so maybe the weight of the tires is sapping some power. Haven't checked if they have chloride water in them.

Any tips for tune up stuff? Seafoam in the fuel? Guessing that a new fuel filter is in order. Don't know too much about diesels, honestly. Our other Kubotas are lower hours and run perfectly.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04011 seconds with 11 queries