Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Responsible Dog Owners, step inside. Update 7/24
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #40
phoolish

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why YJ? View Post
I think it all depends on the dog. My Boxer hates being left alone for more than an hour or so and gets separation anxiety. He will destroy the house if left to his own devices. He has managed to chew and rip our blinds down, chew a window sill, tear his bed to shreds, eat one of the cushions on the couch, and chew other misc. stuff. (He does not get into anything at all if we are home) He gets plenty of exercise but just can't be left alone for very long.

Our pug on the other hand will find random stuff to get into but doesn't do much damage at all.

If the dog is laid back and you can make it home for lunch it may not be a bad idea.
my boxer gets separation anxiety when he gets locked in a room or a kennel by himself. now he will lick the locks on the kennel until he unlocks it and he got locked in my room a month ago and he had teeth makes on the knob that looked like he was trying to turn it with his teeth (hes smart as hell) The vet didnt believe me me when i told him he could open kennels he did after he found my dog just walking around his office. when he has the house to roam he fine.
phoolish is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06383 seconds with 20 queries