View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #106
GreaseMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
For muscle recovery, it is suggested up to 1-2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight for anyone who works out at a high intensity.

On that note I still think you don't see enough calories or protein in your diet.

I used to get strep throat 3-4 times a year, doc wanted to remove my tonsils. Since I cleaned up my eating I haven't been sick other than a cold that lasted a day or two once. I do think the increase in fruits and veggies is responsible for most of that, as well as the decrease in processed foods.

No. I respect what those guys do, as far as the discipline, the diet, etc. But the body building industry as a whole isn't of much interest to me.

I like things like strongman, mma, crossfit, powerlifting for training/working out. The healthiest people walking around today are those who are well rounded athletes. Not a steroided out body builder, or an ultra endurance athlete (marathons, ultra marathons, etc.) but look at the health of nfl players, motocrossers, tennis players, mma fighters, baseball players, etc. They train for purpose and do functional work to get there.
I do as well, but in the sports you listed none of the athletes get to prance in front of a camera wearing an unbuttoned shirt and cowboy hat.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04377 seconds with 11 queries