Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - The Excellent Healthy Recipe Thread
View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #103
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
Some of the protein intake I am seeing here is a little scary. Consuming that much protein for long periods of time can put a strain on your liver. I was doing a high protein diet and my liver and kidney counts went through the roof. Now admittedly my kidney and liver were both a little damaged from the pills I took for my heart problem but nothing else has caused that kind of spike.
I have a lot of healthy recipes but they are all vegetarian.
I personally do count calories because it's the easiest thing for me with the app I have on my phone. I eat a lot of vegetables and I bulk almost everything I cook with veggies because they are high nutrition and low calorie. Also Mike and I almost never get sick. i never had a cold even once this winter and I think it's due to the vegetables since I don't take any crazy supplements or nutrition boosting shakes.
For muscle recovery, it is suggested up to 1-2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight for anyone who works out at a high intensity.

On that note I still think you don't see enough calories or protein in your diet.

I used to get strep throat 3-4 times a year, doc wanted to remove my tonsils. Since I cleaned up my eating I haven't been sick other than a cold that lasted a day or two once. I do think the increase in fruits and veggies is responsible for most of that, as well as the decrease in processed foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
No Chris Rogers aspirations?
No. I respect what those guys do, as far as the discipline, the diet, etc. But the body building industry as a whole isn't of much interest to me.

I like things like strongman, mma, crossfit, powerlifting for training/working out. The healthiest people walking around today are those who are well rounded athletes. Not a steroided out body builder, or an ultra endurance athlete (marathons, ultra marathons, etc.) but look at the health of nfl players, motocrossers, tennis players, mma fighters, baseball players, etc. They train for purpose and do functional work to get there.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07594 seconds with 20 queries