Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Towing with a 1999 Cherokee (need help asap)
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:23 PM   #9
Ebrown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We brought the Fleetwood home on Saturday ( heading north on the Dixie Hwy)
windy as shit and I was have a very hard time keep my jeep and trailer at 50 mph, Gas milage drop off almost 1/8 tank to get back.. Last time I made that same trip , I cost me 1/8 round trip Ie 25 mile one way, so 50 mile round trip!

I have royal purple in the Axles, trans, t-case, power steering and Quaker State 10W-30 with K&N oil filter, The only thing its missing so far this year is new plugs, wire cap...

would it be worth the extra BS to swap out my 3.55 to 4:10, 4:56 ratio? If I was to re gear to 4:10 or 4:56 and move to 245/75/16 (tire size) would I be able to pull in over drive knowing the over all axle ratio is deeper and drive at 65 mph while towing in over drive?

Lesson learn I know better, just because you ccan do something doesn't mean that it safe
Just because you can put 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lbs bag, does mean that the bag willn't rip, it means that you may have shit on your hands.

The last thing I want to do is hurt someone, burn up a engine smoke a trans, or get stuck on the side of a highway, that my fear because my brother broke down outside of Midland on south bound 10 (with his buddy) Nov 19, 1994 and they were hit and killed,

I'll post pictures after dropping kid at school 1
Ebrown is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06068 seconds with 20 queries