This is my Third Jeep, I've had a 89 YJ, had and still have a 47 CJ2a mild crawler and now this Jeep. It's an 93 YJ that I picked up for $1000 from a guy in South lion, he bought the Jeep new back in 94 and DD it until 2000. After that the jeep went to the High school auto shop class with his son and it was there class project. The instructor must not have known SHIT because there were so many things done wrong and poorly on this rig that it looked like a 10 year old had been wrenching on it! I've had the jeep for almost a year now, bought it on May 7th of last year so this thread is a little late and I've done a TON to it so far, so I'll just be getting caught up here.
I'll list the specs of it when I bought it and how it sits now.
• 60K 4.0HO from a 96 ZJ
• Rebuilt 32RH zero miles
• RC 4" lift
• 3" BL
• Open 3.07 D30/35
• Missmatched rollers
Now as of 4/20/13:
• 66K ZJ 4.0HO
• 32RH 3 speed with aftermarket trans cooler
• NP231, Rebuilt, SYE, Tom Woods CV drive shaft
• Custom fab tummy tuck skid plate (19.5" to bottom of the skid)
• OME 36R leafs, 1/2" boom shackles, shitty RC shocks, 2" rear stretch. (3" total lift apossed to the 7" it came with and 96" WB)
• 29 spline C8.25 from a 98 XJ, Disk brakes, Detroit locker, 4.56 gears
• open HP30
• 35" KM2
• summit soft 8s
• Custom fab front bumper/winch plate
• XRC8 winch
• Rampage half can soft top
• Lots of body trimming
Here's a shot of when I first got it
Truck load full of parts, twas a true Bascket case!
3" BL and TC drop. Real classy.
Took a long time to get the OBD2 motor and wiring converted to the YJ system but after 2 months of searching for the right wiring harness the motor was ready to go in for the third and final time!
Just about ready to start!
First time out of the garage and driving in 10 years, 7" of lift and 31s at that! Lol