Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Low and Slow, DD/Weekend Warrior YJ
View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #1
cdw32

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Low and Slow, DD/Weekend Warrior YJ

This is my Third Jeep, I've had a 89 YJ, had and still have a 47 CJ2a mild crawler and now this Jeep. It's an 93 YJ that I picked up for $1000 from a guy in South lion, he bought the Jeep new back in 94 and DD it until 2000. After that the jeep went to the High school auto shop class with his son and it was there class project. The instructor must not have known SHIT because there were so many things done wrong and poorly on this rig that it looked like a 10 year old had been wrenching on it! I've had the jeep for almost a year now, bought it on May 7th of last year so this thread is a little late and I've done a TON to it so far, so I'll just be getting caught up here.

I'll list the specs of it when I bought it and how it sits now.
60K 4.0HO from a 96 ZJ
Rebuilt 32RH zero miles
NP231
RC 4" lift
3" BL
Open 3.07 D30/35
Missmatched rollers

Now as of 4/20/13:
66K ZJ 4.0HO
32RH 3 speed with aftermarket trans cooler
NP231, Rebuilt, SYE, Tom Woods CV drive shaft
Custom fab tummy tuck skid plate (19.5" to bottom of the skid)
OME 36R leafs, 1/2" boom shackles, shitty RC shocks, 2" rear stretch. (3" total lift apossed to the 7" it came with and 96" WB)
29 spline C8.25 from a 98 XJ, Disk brakes, Detroit locker, 4.56 gears
open HP30
35" KM2
summit soft 8s
Custom fab front bumper/winch plate
XRC8 winch
Rampage half can soft top
Lots of body trimming

Here's a shot of when I first got it

Truck load full of parts, twas a true Bascket case!

3" BL and TC drop. Real classy.

Took a long time to get the OBD2 motor and wiring converted to the YJ system but after 2 months of searching for the right wiring harness the motor was ready to go in for the third and final time!

Just about ready to start!

First time out of the garage and driving in 10 years, 7" of lift and 31s at that! Lol

cdw32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09269 seconds with 20 queries