View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #313
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppermann View Post
It is very healthy to question things on a reasonable level, its also why I can dispute most of the things that people are claiming, because I use reason. Do I question our government? Absolutely. I wasn't on this site at the time, but I was convinced there were no WMD's in Iraq. I didn't question it because the President was a Republican. I questioned it because I did not believe our government had a right to invade Iraq without some sort of cause and our government wanted one. (I agreed with our invasion of Afghanistan). I do not believe Sandyhook or Aurora, Colorado are fake and part of the government's agenda to outlaw guns. I am the first to say I am glad the measure did not pass the Senate today, simply because we are looking at the problem from the wrong side and punishing those that actually obey the law (my wife has her CCW). So I am certainly not a sheeple. (Again, I'm a pro-gun Liberal and not ashamed to say it).
I do not believe everything the government tells me (Obama's biggest lie is "this will be the most transparent administration in US History"). However, I am even more likely to not believe that the government is involved in some outlandish scheme to take away rights.
If people actually want to make a difference in getting our government to change, manipulating pictures and video to meet their own political agenda is not the way to do it. The way to do it is by holding our elected officials accountable for the decisions they make and removing them through the election process.
If our President suddenly proposes an amendment to increase the number of terms he can serve, announces marshal law if another West, TX occurs or starts to round up law abiding citizens for bogus reasons, then you will find me believing that our country is in fact part of a New World Order. Until then, I will believe that our leaders are not stripping us of anything and will question anyone that attempts to prove otherwise...
Good to hear you're seeing the gray area and thinking reasonably. I agree with the vast majority of what you said there, but want to comment on the last part. I completely agree that fake pictures and outlandish claims are not the way to make the chages some peple want to see. That's no better than what the same people are accusing he administration of doing. However, in recent months enough things have happened and enough agendas pushed that I don't think it's necessarily a good idea for waiting for big changes to happen for your "New World Order". Will it happen? I don't know. But at this point I think it's smarter to keep a close eye on some of the more reasonable "conspiracy theories" and consider some of the points made. Consider both sides, see for your point if shady stuff is going on, etc. I'm not saying to believe all the crazies, but some of the points they make are worth consdering. Becase many of the things that would be part of the "New World Order", if we wait till they occur it's already too late to do something about it. I think it's worth being aware of the what-ifs and prepared to have a voice or take a stand to stop the major steps before they can become a huge problem. I realize in all these posts I'm making myself sound like a paranoid nutjob, but I'm just playing one side to try and make the point clear. I ignore most of this crap as much as possible.
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05503 seconds with 11 queries