Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bombs in Boston
Thread: Bombs in Boston
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #302
joppermann

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
You're seeing this way more black and white than what I'm trying to say. I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories, those people are nutjobs.....but I also think it's crazy to blindly believe everything the government and media is telling us. That's what I'm talking about with sheeple. There's a huge gray area between sheeple and lemmings. I think it's healthy and logical to question things on a reasonable level, do your own research, and gather your own information. What I gathered from your previous posts(and correct me if I'm wrong here, but this is the impression that I got) is that you think it's asinine to question what we're being told and that there's no reason not to believe the info we're getting from the news stations. That would make you a sheep, blindly following the simple path that you're led on by the herders. That's what's best for the government, what will continue to give them more and more power, and allow them to push their agendas for our "safety". Is it all wrong? Certainly not, but I think it's crazy to believe everything they're telling us, just like it's crazy to come up with outlandish conspiracy theories. Hopefully you're in the gray area too, I just didn't get that impression from your posts.
It is very healthy to question things on a reasonable level, its also why I can dispute most of the things that people are claiming, because I use reason. Do I question our government? Absolutely. I wasn't on this site at the time, but I was convinced there were no WMD's in Iraq. I didn't question it because the President was a Republican. I questioned it because I did not believe our government had a right to invade Iraq without some sort of cause and our government wanted one. (I agreed with our invasion of Afghanistan). I do not believe Sandyhook or Aurora, Colorado are fake and part of the government's agenda to outlaw guns. I am the first to say I am glad the measure did not pass the Senate today, simply because we are looking at the problem from the wrong side and punishing those that actually obey the law (my wife has her CCW). So I am certainly not a sheeple. (Again, I'm a pro-gun Liberal and not ashamed to say it).
I do not believe everything the government tells me (Obama's biggest lie is "this will be the most transparent administration in US History"). However, I am even more likely to not believe that the government is involved in some outlandish scheme to take away rights.
If people actually want to make a difference in getting our government to change, manipulating pictures and video to meet their own political agenda is not the way to do it. The way to do it is by holding our elected officials accountable for the decisions they make and removing them through the election process.
If our President suddenly proposes an amendment to increase the number of terms he can serve, announces marshal law if another West, TX occurs or starts to round up law abiding citizens for bogus reasons, then you will find me believing that our country is in fact part of a New World Order. Until then, I will believe that our leaders are not stripping us of anything and will question anyone that attempts to prove otherwise...
joppermann is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08372 seconds with 20 queries