Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - How would you do it?
View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #36
cerial

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Buy a cheap rusted out big block truck. Weld the rear and run that sum bitch.
It is a frigging wood truck you don't need any lift. 31's with good tread and a good winch is all you will need. After you slap a couple trees, replace the back window with lexan, and install a good heater(this is important), just do the small maintenance items.

My last wood hauler was a 2wd 78 1 ton BB Chevy with a flatbed and 6' tall stake bed sides. Stack the wood up against the back of the cab, toss the sides on, stack up more wood, put the back on, toss a few more logs in the back, tie down the saws, gas, and go. Give it gas, slap off the trees, and if you get stuck(due to snow) pull out the winch.

Good times, good times.

I had 2 full truckloads fully stacked and just tossed a tarp over the stake bed to dry them out. I simply pulled off the back and took it off as needed until it was empty. It was a great setup.

If you want to be creative something my cheap butt didn't have at the time was a hydraulic log splitter. Remove the back bumper then mount the splitter to the frame so you don't need to pull it. Being able to split it as I stacked it would have been cool as hell.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06068 seconds with 20 queries