Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bombs in Boston
Thread: Bombs in Boston
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #172
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
Wait isn't it you who believe gays are sinners?
I KNOW everybody is a sinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Why has no one blown those fuckers up yet?
I sometimes wonder this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhri View Post
it's hard to love somebody that wants to kill you.

the guberment has told us angry old white men to stop clinging to our guns and our religon. why don't they tell it to the Islamists too?
I like how everybody automatically assumes this is an Islamic Attack. Maybe it could have been some Pro/Anti ______ group trying to make a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
You can't coexist with people who want to kill you. Those damn bumper stickers I see with that phrase piss me off.

It sickens me to see innocent people get killed. Overall killing is wrong, and I can somewhat agree with that, but at the same time there are a lot of people that need to be killed in this world. For me, I can be completely comfortable with terrorists, murderers, rapists, pedophiles, child molestors, bombers, etc being killed (not in a quick painless method either). When it comes to innocent life being taken away, it's hard for me to stomach that.

I don't think it's perpetuating hate. It's hatred of evil. If there is no evil, the hatred can cease. The cycle gets broken when evil is banished, not when good men stop hating evil in some useless hippie feel good method to try and lead people whose thought process cannot be changed by example.
I think we should look to justice instead of hate. However, I'm more comfortable with this idea because I believe that they will answer to the Creator of the universe and be judged accordingly.

My Question still stands. What good is all this hating on them on an internet forum (and in our minds/hearts) going to do to better the situation? IT DOES NOTHING!! You can be angry, you can be hurt, you can want justice. Hating them does nothing but continuing the hate they felt towards <insert reason here>. That's the cycle we need to break.

Be angry, mourn, but by continuing to hate them you are perpetuating thier crime on those that lost thier lives yesterday. I go back to the idea that everybody assumes this is Islamic. What if it's not?

Either way, the thoughts that have crossed many of our minds, and some have typed, along the lines of "I want those bastards to die a horrible and painful death" really isn't any different then the thoughts the perpetrators probably had towards thier cause.

I also want to be clear that they should be punished to the full letter of the law and we shouldn't pussy foot around the subject. I'm all for them coming to complete justice, I just think hating them personally won't get you any where closer to that justice. It will only pull you closer to something that resembles the very people you are saying you hate.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09580 seconds with 20 queries