Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - ZOMGWTFBBQ!!! Ambulance to RV to 4x4 Snafu o.0
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #8
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

So i have an ambalamps (no it isnt being stored at bigbchevys place) and no it isnt ripped apart yet. Like i said this is a secondary project, ill collect parts and components here and there but nothing major til i buy my own house.

What are plans?
I will be gutting the interior of the box and converting it into a rv. That means windows, couchs, beds and seating. Add in a fridge, sink/stove combo & a convection microwave for a kitchen and a shower/tub with a portable toilet. It will have batteries & an inverter with a honda eu2000i generator for electricity, a diesel heater and fantastic fans for hvac. Again you ask why! Here is a cLass b rv roughly the same size as my expo ambo; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHINO...item1c31a17aad ya, i dont wanna pay that and its a v10.

Now for the 4x4 conversion, that is quite elementary. There will be a leaf sprung Super duty dana 60 upfront, a nv271 t-case in the middle and a sterling 10.5 in the rear to replace the dana 80 thats already there. You say my god, thats a shit ton 'o work! I say Wrong! Its all bolt together with the right brackets and kit from U-joint offroad. Even the 2wd transmission can become 4x4 ready with simple basic hand tools. Only minor welding is needed. All electronic and abs systems will remail intact. The 6.0 will receive an egr delete kit, a programer and gauges, new exhaust and other maintance stuff to make it reliable like a 7.3.

So there be my crackpot plans. Flame on!

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06398 seconds with 20 queries