Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Drummond Island Tight and Twisties trail
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #30
montecarlo33
The Violator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
you suck at quotes

THe only other thing I could think of as to why you would log on the island, is like I mentioned, private land. OR, if it is on state land there are some forestry benefits to certain types of logging, but thats not typically clear cutting and such, thats usually more select cutting type logging.
I messed around with that for awhile, then gave up. This one better?

Either way I know they grow back in 10-15 yrs but why anyone would allow the island to be logged is beyond me, private or state. I just hate to see these messes that loggers leave behind, I see it all the time around here but they are snowmobile trails, and even with snow on top and groomed there are still trenches. Just don't see how we as 4x4 community do more damage then them. Its just sad to look at a nice thick forest turn into miles of stumps.

oh and I have never been there yet, so I have no opinion other than I waited too long to go so I have plans to check it out this year.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06176 seconds with 20 queries