Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - rant about Cummins owners at work
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #47
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdog View Post
I have a 6.0 gasser in my truck. Im always being given shit about how much it sucks compared to a Cummins/PowerStroke/Duramax and How I cant tow anything.
I just stepped down from a mildly modded 5.9 Cummins(probably about 400hp/800lb-ft at the crank) to a 6.0 gasser about 2 months ago. While there's a night and day difference in torque, the 6.0L is still a great motor. I like the new truck and it did fine towing the 1 time I've hooked a trailer to it so far. Diesel owners just need to talk shit to make them feel better about all the extra money they're paying for the truck and maintenance. They're good trucks for sure, but the diesel superiority complex has gotten way outta hand. They're superior for towing, that's a given, but they're not the only vehicles capable of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsorf350 View Post
a 6.0 gasser will tow just as much as a cummins, powerstroke or a durasmack will it will just get really shitty gas mileage while doing it.
"just as much" is pushing it, but it'll tow most reasonable loads just fine.
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08694 seconds with 20 queries