Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rubicon tcase into an 04 LJ
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #18
idiot magnet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

When I did this swap I picked up a LJ Tom Woods driveshaft with the adaptor that bolts to the Rubi balancer. I would suggest getting the Novak cable shifter to prevent binding. I will be installing mine as soon as I get my flat skid finished. For now I cut approx 1" out of my shifter linkage, welded it back together and did some testing to see how it would shift. A bit of trial and error and it shifts fantastic.
There is a good chance you have the 1 1/4" which seems to be the norm with a 1" MML.
I also cut my front driveshaft boot off to make sure it would extend as far as it needed to without causing issues.
Once you get it installed and you test out the 4:1 you will be amazed at the difference.
This was one of the best mods I've done to my LJ and it was cheap, but I got lucky with my parts and found some killer deals.

Look at the Tatton driveshaft for a bit more money you will have a much more stout driveshaft.
Good luck with the swap.

Last edited by idiot magnet; April 12th, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05837 seconds with 20 queries