Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - nylon tube or steel pipe air lines
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #31
Suta99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
After the 15 trips back and fourth to the store to extend the power wires going into my garage, put in a new fuse panel, run the new wiring for the compressor, and hook in all the existing electrical. Ill buy a fukcin kit.... but thanks for the concerned about my money
I ran 300' of black pipe in my shop after work one night with a friend and never had to leave once to go shopping. Stores have these things called return policies that allow you to return unused items back for a refund. Just go buy 10 more of each fitting you need and return what you don't use at your leisure.
I am assuming most people who are debating using PVC or pex or anything else other than black pipe are just plumbing their home shop and have no use for pipe larger than 1/2" sch 40. Rent or borrow a hand threader and a chop saw and fit away. 1/2" is ridiculously easy to thread and flys together. If you need 3/4" or 1" might want to use a power threader which makes it quite easy also. I love knowing that for quite a few years to come I will not have any issues with my air plumbing since I used black pipe. If I had PVC pipe I would be constantly afraid of hitting it and breaking it.
Suta99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07562 seconds with 20 queries