View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #29
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Here's the other half of the prescribed uses of Cymbalta:

Why am I pointing this out?

It's simple. Under the criteria that New York state is using to confiscate firearms, ammunition and accessories... Someone who is prescribed Cymbalta for chronic pain will now lose their 2nd Amendment rights. Simply because the same medication they are using to control chronic pain is also used to control manic depression and anxiety. There is no distinction being made. There is no professional medical opinion being considered.

Doctor's already have the ability to declare someone either incompetent or a danger to themselves and others and have their firearms removed. A lot of people in this thread are now advocating that bureaucrats should be able to do the same thing without any formal medical training... nevermind your rights that are guaranteed to you under the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments.

So...

Before you guys start campaigning in support of these actions you might want to check your own medicine cabinets to make sure that everything you have isn't also used to treat depression, anxiety or any other mental disorder. Oh and to keep it in perspective... Vitamin D can also be used to help with depression... so if you take a Vitamin D supplement as part of a healthier life style you could very well be lumped in with the people who are psychotics, schizophrenics, multiple personality disorder, severe PTSD and the rest of them.
I don't disagree with what you are saying.

I was disagreeing with greasemonkey.

If you need pills to cope with life, you aren't mentally fit for certain things (IMO).

I kinda feel the same about pain killers in a way too....but thats a whole different subject.

Agreed that our medical records should remain private and protected via the laws of hippa and other.....

somehow, someway they are going to change gun control laws......we need to make sure it is in the best interest of everyone when they do so, thats the hard part.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04774 seconds with 11 queries