Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Mitigating Student Loan Debt
View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #31
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadirtracer View Post
Once I graduate from college I will have right around $140k in student loans. I am a double major is Aviation Flight Science and Aviation Maintenance Technology at Western. 90% of my loans are through Wells Fargo with an interest rate between 11% and 8ish%. When I graduate I will be a flight instructor making $18/hr working 25-30hrs a week if I am lucky. Once I build up my hours I will be working for a regional airline making about $24k a year starting out, with minimal increases is wage for several years till I make it to a captain position. It won't be till about 10-15 years down the road that I am able to make 100k + per year.
why the hell did you not do ROTC/Officer Candidate in the Air Force?

a very good friend of mine tried going the private route like you through embry riddle in Daytona - goal was dual training as well - but pilot and avionics officer.

He backed out after a year and found it cheaper to get two Bachelor's from UofM in engineering. And even though he loves to fly, after talking to several commercial airline pilots had the realization that he really wanted to be a family man, home every night raising his kids and sleeping with his wife.

not sitting in an airport or hotel lounge/bar eating with the co-pilot and tempted to mess around with the flight crews (after a 15 year grind flying red-eye freight for <$30k/year)
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.67794 seconds with 20 queries