View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #15
GreaseMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
why do you need anti anxiety medication to cope with life?

It's LIFE.

People die, people lose jobs, people lose pets, people have things happen that makes them sad. If you can not cope with these things with out pills, you, in my opinion, are not stable enough to own a gun anyway.

Now, I don't necessarily agree with the use of medical records illegally via the government to do so, as hippa and other laws are there to protect your privacy as it regards to your medical history. BUT, If you can't cope with out pills, I don't want you having access to a gun.
Maybe it was a bad example. There are plenty of cases where people are prescribed these types of medications that do not have a mental illness.

Case and point, my brother-in-law has high blood pressure. He has had high blood pressure since he was younger, and he's always been in good shape. Because of his high blood pressure, whenever his cardiac system is stressed (something other than physical exercise) he can have a panic/anxiety attack or whatever you want to call it. So an adrenaline rush from almost getting run off the road, or something of that nature can send him into one of these attacks. No mental issues whatsoever, but the way to treat his condition is with anti-anxiety meds. He owns guns, and I would personally see no problem in him owning them even though he is on a "mental" type of drug.

Someone could be unable to cope with tragic events, and go take their car and run through a crowd of people. No one seems to care about that aspect though. For a website that has a lot of individuals screaming for more personal responsibility, a lot of people also seem to want to limit everyone else's responsibilities because they personally don't think others are capable.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05048 seconds with 11 queries