Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Car hauler
Thread: Car hauler
View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #78
974x4Taco
Flex Is OverRated

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

One thing to think about with mobile home axles....parts are not as accessible.....parts for standard trailer axles are pretty, well, "standard"....parts can be had almost anywhere.....mobile home axle parts are little tougher to come by.....not a huge issue at home, but turns into a huge issue when your broke on the side of the highway 4 states away.

I went through this whole mess trying to find a trailer....ended up building mine out of the remains of an 83 jayco camper....it took some time and thought in building and people called me an idiot....but at the end of the day i have a 1100$ in a 20' x 90" 5th wheel deckover trailer with two 4500lb brake axles, new tires / wheels, new treated deck, new wiring/lights ect....with my truck on it it still weighs less than it did as a camper and i have drug it all over the eastern half the country with zero issues

You can get alot of trailer for your money if your willing to put in some elbow grease
974x4Taco is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05517 seconds with 20 queries