View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #37
93yj06unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14muddn View Post
Towing a 16' enclosed trailer loaded between wixom and Saginaw I have got as low as 10 doing 80+ and as well as 16 at going 65 the whole way. A lot of that had to do with the wind of the enclosed trailer I imagine. A couple months ago I headed down to Alabama towing a two place trailer with a couple of quads and 1000# of birdseed in the bed and pulled 16 going around 75 the whole way. All this was with the "60hp towing" tune. 285 tires, 3.73 gears, 6 speed, no stacks, no tornado
Say it isn't so man there's absolutely no way you can get that good of mileage with a 7.3l (sarcasm). I know the numbers you claim and I claim are not typical but I actually got the numbers listed. My 5th wheel was a lite model and only a 25ft'r, it weighed in at 5600# empty. Haven't seen close to those numbers since the recall CPS though. We consistently lost 3-4 mpg with it and from what I've read this is the new norm everyone at the Dieselgarage.com and dieselstop.com were reporting the same losses. My truck is not a stock set-up either and almost all mods done resulted in better fuel economy if you could keep your foot out of it LOL. I always ran my tires at 85psi also. If I went over 2000 rpm which for my truck falls right at 68mph it would drop about 1 mpg for every 100 rpm strange but true. I spent many hours researching and experimenting to achieve the best fuel economy I could.
Maybe we should reinstall the DT466 CPS and try that again, the mechanics wouldn't just give me a new CPS for the recall they said they had to remove and keep what was in the engine at the time of the recall. I told them"no way you're keeping my DT466 CPS" and gave them an old one that had been in the truck previous to me installing the DT466 CPS.
93yj06unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04802 seconds with 11 queries