View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #1
kkodet
Formerly Route55

What would you build to haul 6 kids on wheeling trips?

Just having fun with an idea here, my girlfriend and I have six kids between us. My recent vacation with all of them down to Florida proved fairly easy. On the way back up we got talking about taking all the kiddos on offroad trips and started thinking what would work for 8 people for a semi-serious trail-only rig. Something for more than mild trailrunning but more serious wheeling.

This rig would be trailered, body damage is of no concern although safety would be. My first thought was a 1980's Suburban, but those are so big. Tahoes and Yukons are a thought, although the third row seat ones are still pricy. Durangos have seating for 7 only.

So, I know this is picky and contridictive, but lets say base vehicle under 2K, seats 8, small as possible. I fully plan on swapping some of my big axles into whatever this build is, and beating the living crap out of it. A budget family wheeler if you will.

I'd say my best thought as of now is an Expedition or maybe a fullsize Bronco or Blazer with a third row , but those are still kind of big. What are your thoughts?
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03743 seconds with 11 queries