Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #4
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU JK View Post
Anybody ever go to one?

I'm usually too cheap to go to an upscale My wife and I were given a $100 gift card for them and are headed to the Birmingham one tonight. I cannot use it on beer or booze so I guess I actually need to get a steak. What's good at this place?
my boss treated us to the Birmingham one about a year ago. I got the petite filet with the shrimp.

the side dishes are sorta meant for 2-3 people so as a group we got a side of their amazingly good jalapeno scalloped potatoes and some semi-forgettable vegetables.

about 15 minutes into the meal, the wait staff will come back and ask if you are inclined to think about wanting desert, and if so that if you choose their amazing lava chocolate cake to order it, as it's only made fresh, and it takes about 1/2 hour to make.

they have a pretty wide alcohol selection as well, even though you stated you couldn't do it on booze.

another option if you can use up the gift card in increments, is if you sit at the bar you can get a pretty damned fine burger for something like $7.95 these days what with the "rough economy" during certain days/hours.

we haven't been to the one in venice florida yet, but with the inlaw's having a winter home down there I imagine we will eventually.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04568 seconds with 20 queries