View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #17
phittie1100

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideraa View Post
1" to 1 1/4" body lift
2" BB, shock change optional (take you time figuring out suspension)
**Hi clearence Trans skid (this will help alot while wheeling), you will get 35" + tire clearence at the skid on the 33's
(do the body lift to maxmize the trans skid lift amount)
33 tires

**PS .... better consider SYE/DC drive shaft , 2 adjustable rear control arms ??
Here is how we started my current Jeep for my wife:
1" BL/1"MML
2" BB, need to change at least the rear shocks (mine blew out in less than 5,000 miles due to over extension)
pick a skinny tire, keep stock rims, and learn to deal with a little rubbing in the dirt (mine are 33x10.50x15 but no Duratrac in that size)
I have not done the skid yet, but on my to-do list

With an LJ, no SYE/adjustable uppers required

All for less than $1000 in parts including the beer and pizza to bribe your friends into installing it for you in an afternoon.

Over time we have replaced a number of parts as they broke or wore out - F/R adj track bars, swapped in 2" springs for the BB (my cradle-mounted winch made it too nose heavy and bouncing off of the bump stops) and added some extra goodies - front lunchbox and sway bar disconnects - but this is the same basic setup I have been running for almost six years. I still run OEM control arms too, but they are not very durable when you play in the rocks - I have swapped the fronts out twice and the rears once. And for a DD, it rides like a stock TJ (not quite as smooth as a stock LJ).

Page generated in 0.04793 seconds with 11 queries