Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Rubicon tcase into an 04 LJ
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:04 PM   #6
RubiGr8LJ
Mello Yello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post
The flatness to frame/clearance of your skid could be an issue depending on your trans. Getting the T-case up enough before hitting the tub could be a issue if your running the OD auto trans and trying to keep that trans pan above the frame rail bottom.

I'm assuming your running a 1BL?? You might save your self some time and start fitting that T-case and it's connections, breathers, and linkage on your tub while fitting your skid before you get rear drive shaft. Your going to need a double cardon shaft for the rear if your running a flat skid anyway so you might as well just see where your DS angle is at that WB and get it once if ya can, might even get super lucky and get that BB back on without changing your rear pinion angle and just getting a rear shaft...but I doubt it.

FWIW you should be able to move that T-case up from it's factory/stock position (with a BL) a good 1.5 inches and use a factory Rubi/LJ DS without a problem.

your front DS should be fine.
I'm curious if I will be able to use front, it just seems like a lot of lift on the tcase for it to reach the same. If so I'll be happy.
RubiGr8LJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05628 seconds with 20 queries