Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2WD vs AWD for the street
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:28 PM   #35
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
I've got nothing to add that hasn't already been said. I think RWD will be more fun to drive like a pissed off teenager and steer via throttle, but AWB will have a nice unique flavor too it and will perform better for what you have planned if you set it up right. Still planning to use the TJ frame you got from me?

I've got a set of Speedway DIY header parts for an LS motor if you want it. Flanges, various 1.75" mandrel bent primary pieces, collectors. I bought it off Bryce 3 or 4 years ago and never used it.

Maybe send me a PM with what all you have in the header pieces.

Its on the TJ frame right now, but I am not 100% sure. That frame ended up being in pretty bad shape, the rails are all rotten through the whole middle, on the insides. I have cut and welded in extra metal to stretch the wheelbase on it to 101" to match the Jeep, just not sure how much metal I need to cut out and replace, and if its worth it.

The other thing with the TJ frame, is what look am I going with. The 60" wide axles put the tires out further than I'd like. So I am reconsidering using the stock frame or building one, so that I can get the tires more tucked under the body, like the dark blue one I posted.

I need to get my XJ sold, and then I will start mocking up wheels for ride height and axle width/wheel tuck.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06565 seconds with 20 queries