Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Will you change your profile pic for marriage equality?
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:00 AM   #496
kerryann
German cars are hot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
My guess is using California as a benchmark, if it was on a national ballot any changes would get voted down in a heartbeat.
Then they should let the people have their say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
If this would be the case through private insurance companies then that would be up to them and the individual. With things looking more like obamacare just might be the law of the land then having tax payers cover the cost for sex change operations is unacceptable. If they are uncomfortable in thier own skin then they need to pay for that on thier own.
I am uncomfortable in my skin because I need hmmmm a boob job and maybe a tummy tuck. Should that be covered too ? Anything that is not medically necessary is considered elective surgery. The government should be staying out of private company business and let the demands of the consumers drive the offerings.
The whole reason that the government is getting involved (in my opinion) is because people are too blind to see why the costs of health care are going up(besides greed which is probably a 10% factor). First we have an aging population. Second we have a lot of people uninsured which though medical costs rising gets passed to the insured. Most importantly we have a society that wants to be obese and live on foods that aren't good for the body which is driving up the rates of diabetes and heart disease (and I suspect the chemicals in processed food contribute to the cancer rates) but instead of dealing with those root causes we want a miracle pill instead. I was reading a local grocery store ad today and saw them selling acai berry juice. I said to Mike that if people just ate better in general they wouldn't have to go hunting for these miracle antioxidants.
kerryann is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06572 seconds with 20 queries