Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Will you change your profile pic for marriage equality?
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #468
kerryann
German cars are hot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Serious question here. Would you feel the same way about my proposal if I wasn't a Christian? If I was a non-believing person who just wanted the best for both sides?

Because I think you're stuck on the fact that you think I'm on a high horse when really I'm trying to show a solution that would benefit everybody.
I would actually say even though I quoted you that you are one of the Christians I would not consider on a high horse. Your buddy Aber I would consider on a high horse.
I think the good thing about the country is that everyone has a right to their opinion and even if I don't agree I respect it.
I think either we get rid of current marriage law as a secular contract (which it is) or we just made one form of secular bonding contract that everyone follows. Introducing extra legislation and process will cost money. In my opinion if everyone is equal there should only be one set of laws.
Bruce if men and women historically got married for procreation should we then say if a man or woman is infertile they should no longer be able to be married, or that married people with kids should never be allowed to divorce? I will agree historically marriage was formed to help create and raise children but our society is so far gone from that with people who either don't have kids, have kids with random people, had kids and divorced, remarried having kids with a previous spouse and then have kids with the new spouse, that to argue that is still the core purpose of marriage is not our society value overall.
I do agree that the homosexual community is asking for a change in the law but it that change caused by granting equality and acknowledging their rights or is it them wanting rights they should never be allowed? I think this is the heart of the issue.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05876 seconds with 20 queries