Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Will you change your profile pic for marriage equality?
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #445
aber61

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I think you guys are missing a somewhat important point. There is a pretty large group of people that have an issue with it being called Marriage. Weather they are believers or not, they still are citizens of the united states. Their opinion is no less important then the Homosexual side's opinion. Most of us are willing to re-name our governmental definition to something different.

What effect will it have on any of us if we call it something different? Why does it have to be called a marriage? Nobody has answered that question. Just sarcastically blew it off as us being bigots. Personally, I think it's a great compromise. It would appear to be right in the middle of the issue for both sides. I think if we can make both sides happy, it's a win-win instead of having someone loose.

The Jews still couldn't marry the same sex. They could have multiple wives but they could also do alot of things, per the law of Moses, that we would think to be wrong with our 21st century thinking. When looking back at history you can't judge the actions of people 4000 years ago with the same morals and rules we have now. You have to understand the context of the people to understand why they believed what they did.

Adam and Eve were pre-sin. However, In genesis 2, just after God formed eve from Adam, Adam says "this is now flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." - Sounds like he's defining his commitment to Eve right there. In front of God. Making a Commitment before God to your spouse - A Marriage

I would say this is straight forward, the definition of marriage.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07348 seconds with 20 queries