Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Will you change your profile pic for marriage equality?
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #204
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Jim, in this thread you have made fun of the way gay men speak which is mockery and a form of bashing. A little humor for the discussion.... that is all

And you have brought up the point that this is a religious and moral issue, of which it should be neither. you have your opinion, I have mine.

A persons gender, or gender identity, or sexual orientation is a personal thing that they are born with. If they act out whatever they are "wired for" with consenting adults there is no morality issue, and telling someone they are immoral for how they were born is bashing. I "TOLD" no one what they should or should not do. You asked a question, I answered it. Regarding "TELLING" anyone something, you chose to start this thread by saying "if you don't agree with me, you are racist". Seems to me you are pushing your agenda, I'm just pushing back.

And telling someone that they are wrong because your religion says so is also bashing. Again, I'm not telling anyone anything. I'm responding to you pushing your agenda. I have a niece and an aunt (by marriage) that are both gay. I've never had a discussion with either one of them about it, so no, I'm not out in the world pushing my opinions.

So, IF you are saying being gay is immoral, or wrong, then you are a gay basher. If you feel you have done this and are not OK with this self realization, you have the power within yourself to change it.Don't preach to me. I'm very comfortable with who I am and don't have any desire to change myself.
If you want to be vocal about something you have an urge to push, that is your choice. However, name calling right from the get go to people who don't agree with you is not the way to get your point across.

Our country is going to shit and my belief is that a portion of this reason is that our moral fiber has gone to shit. I'm a Christian. I believe in God. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I believe that marriage is between one man and one woman. If you don't like that, I don't give a shit. What I do give a shit about is someone preaching immorality to me and then trying to turn the tables on me.

Page generated in 0.06914 seconds with 20 queries