Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Will you change your profile pic for marriage equality?
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #93
Coyote Red

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
marriage is one man and one woman!

not two men!
not two women!
not 2 women and 1 man!
not 3 guys and a sheep!

if its not 1 man and 1 woman, can i marry 2 or 3 women?
or a man and a woman?
or a english sheepdog?
where does it end?

it has been voted on many times and loses almost every time!
hell, it lost twice in california!
the majority of america does not support gay marriage!
no matter what the press tries to tell you!

what two gay or bi people do behind closed doors is their own buisness.
when they bring it out into the public like its "totally normal", they are gonna be disappointed in the outcome!
This is what my view of the term marriage is. It is just this way for no other reason than my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
How about this for a wild ass, crazy fukkin idea.

Instead of having the term 'marriage' used as a legal term for taxes, benefits, insurance, etc- change it to 'Partner', 'Co-habitant', 'Significant Other', whatever..... to signify two people who are sharing living quarters and expenses. This will also cover hetero couples that do not wish to 'marry' in the religious sense.

Since the basis for this is to be able to claim the same benefits as a 'church-wed' couple, this would allow those outside the cultural norm get a fair shake without blasphemy.

Part of it would require a legal document of co-habitation, so that if they decide to split they would face the same legal and financial responsibilities of a traditional married couple.
This is a perfectly acceptable idea in my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsetter View Post
Wow this is going down just about as I thought. Lots of closed minded bible thumping closed minded asshats on this board. No surprised.

Long and the short of it I ask you this, how does a gay marriage effect you personally???? I mean does having a gay couple married make your marriage a sham? Will you love your wife less? And the real kicker what is marriage other then a piece of paper? Do you love some one more because the church or the justice of the peace has signed a document saying they get half your shit when you don't love that person anymore????

Just curious
Not a bible thumper here, in fact I chose to associate with no religion. Why do I not want it called marriage; that is just the opinion I have formed. IDGAFF if you like guys or what ever else you would want to marry. Hit on me once I will tell you not my thing, keep hitting on me and I will knock you out for being annoying. I am getting feed up with the pushy "we are here and we are queer, now accept us damn it!" attempts to change opinions. Public opinion doesn't change in a matter of 5-10 years.

Am I closed minded because I have a different opinion? I think Prius driver are closed minded about my enjoyment of large diesel truck. It just an opinion having a different one doesn't make you closed minded, it is just what you think. Not being willing to listen to the other side makes you closed minded.
Coyote Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09485 seconds with 20 queries