Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Will you change your profile pic for marriage equality?
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #87
aber61

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboy View Post
A lot of people here are missing the point. I am very religious and I support Gay marriage in the United States. I support this because I believe that they are not really married in God's eyes. They do not receive the HOLY MATRIMONY that God gives you when you are married in the Church. LEGALLY nowhere in the Constitution or any Federal law does it say that Marriage is between a man and a woman. In fact the Constitution says "All men are created EQUAL"

There is a huge difference between Holy Matrimony and Marriage. Marriage is just a legal term and a tax write-off. Who cares who is legally "together" by not letting them marry, you are just going to make them get louder and more obnoxious than they are now and they are not going to stop fucking each other just because they cannot get married. Who gives a fukc if they have a paper that says they are legal. Let them suffer like the rest of us.

Now on the other hand you can see how people who want to marry children will step up or Steveo will want to marry his favorite sheep. There needs to be clear distinctions in the law. MY idea would be:

Any adult above the age of 18 can marry any other adult above the age of 18
Any person wishing to marry below the age of 18 may do so if and only if they are above the age of 16 and have consent of their parents or legal guardians.

Thats the problem, you are very religious and so were the Pharises, Jesus crossed the road when he saw them.
You make the claim to be a Christian, but are you a follower of Christ?
By condoning thier sin you are as equally as guilty. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboy View Post
The USA is NOT a Christian Nation, the founders did not frame the Constitution or the Government to be of Christian ideals, they did the farthest thing from it and separated church and state.

Under God was added to the pledge in 1954 by congress. USA was not founded "under God" and you assume it is the Christian God? Why not the Muslim god? Or the water god or whatever other god.
You do not understand the separation of church and state. Why did the founding fathers print bibles?, why was the bible required reading in schools? You need to brush up on your history of the founding of this nation.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08427 seconds with 20 queries