View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #2
swimmer2007
Jeep Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So am thinking a set of dana hp 60's from a 1979 ford 350. Are there any opinions out there on these over a set of dodge dana 60's?

Just have never done this axle swap, a drivers side drop, and do not know what to consider. Will be having an experienced welder assist in the welding of new brackets on to the axes, after i buy a new set of mounts.

Should i buy a kit for the axles or go to unlimited off road, or do something else to get the mounts to weld on them?

Picked up door and hood hinges, put those on, mounted front armored fenders, and rear rancho spare tire carrier bumper- actually my 8 year old daughter bolted it on.... A great family project.

Looking to get opinions on which engine mounts i should get.
Burnsville off road has a set for 375+15 for shipping, or i can go with the whole aev kit, but that is mucho expensive- over 6k.... Looking for cheaper options....

This week will be axle acquisition, and getting it as a roller..... Hopefully,

then the trans and transfer case location, and then mock up.....

Going with dana 60's i will have to locate new tires and rims..... Thinking about what size lift and type to mount axles to frame 4 link?? Or stick with stock arms, just increase length....

Any one got any suggestions???
swimmer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04517 seconds with 11 queries