Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss. (another religion thread, so we're not mucking up Immortal's)
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #79
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
You may listen? How will you know if it has more to offer than your current beliefs if you don't have a deep and thorough study of the Koran?
I've talked to enough Islamic people, even debated with them, to understand thier faith. What I've learned from them (and I did learn from them instead of telling them they were wrong) was that I like Christianity better because of what it brings to the table. That And those expierences I've had have lined up with the Christian God more so then the Islamic one.

Quote:

p.s. I don't see the meme pictures as mocking, but rather addressing legitimate questions/claims in a whimsical fashion.

Also, I'm not calling you ignorant, Robert Ingersoll was addressing faith, calling it a mix of insanity and ignorance. Faith is believing in something without evidence. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Having faith involves a lack of knowledge. If you know something exists, you don't need faith. The insanity portion is probably just bluster. I know plenty of people of faith and don't think they are insane.
Faith is not necessarily a lack of Knowledge. It could be argued that it's a better understanding of things that can't be explained. Some of the greatest minds where believers and they didn't show a lack of knowledge. There passion to Glorify God by understanding his creation brought us many inventions and theories that we still use today.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.87137 seconds with 20 queries