Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Looking to buy a used 4dr JK, issues??
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:16 PM   #48
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
That is probably not a bad plan. However when you start looking at the prices of these things a year old you are just better off spending a couple grand more and getting a brand new one.

From what I've read here and there the 12's have not been without motor issues. I'd look into that a little more before I bought one for sure.

The one thing I would do for sure is avoid the 11's. I don't know if it has gotten any better lately, but for awhile that was just a bastard year that no one built stuff for. If you notice a lot of stuff is for 07-10 and then 12-current.
very good point, I can get family pricing, and it seems to be about the same as people are selling used ones for. With such a high residual value, are the lease prices good? I haven't checked.

also from what a few of you have said, I might even look at some older JK's (with the mini van motor), I think that would work fine for my intended use ( DD, 2 tracking and taking the family to the beach on the dunes, maybe tow a pop-up...)

Last edited by swampjeep; March 22nd, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05985 seconds with 20 queries