Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Recommend place to buy enclosed trailer?
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM   #13
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I bought my Haulin from a dealer in Toledo. (name escapes me) However, I was allowed to pick it up direct from the manufacturer and saved a few hundred bucks.

On that note, I would not buy a Haulin again. The paint on the frame was not good and started to have rust break through right away. I also had a huge problem with galvanic action between the aluminum siding and the frame. I would look seriously at the higher end name trailers.

One other note, no matter who and what you go with, make sure you do a few things.
- Get the RV latch on the side door.
- Go with the extended tongue.
- If you don't see the need for a 4' side door, go with a 3'. Interior wall space is important.
- I think it's worth it to get it prewired and insulated ceiling. I had determined where I wanted my work bench and they installed the plugs in custom locations where I wanted them.

I weighed the cost difference of wiring & insulation and decided it was worth the up front money.
Good luck.
I believe it was John's Trailers, I bought one about a year after Jim from their shop in IN. I had similar pain issues with mine, but one additional paint issue which was the painted alum. siding started to peel, and was not covered with any warranty.

oh yeah, one other upgrad I would suggest is the axles, it wasn't much to go up to 5100lb rated axles, and with the weight of an enclosed, you really hit the limit fast with the 3500's

it took about 1 month from when I ordered it, for them to have it ready for me.

Last edited by swampjeep; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06718 seconds with 20 queries