Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss. (another religion thread, so we're not mucking up Immortal's)
View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM   #77
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Touche`

The difference is I may listen to someone who is Islamic because I realize they know thier faith better then I do. Or, if you wanted to follow the analogy, I would listen to the lawyer. I wouldn't tell them that they are ignorant and then mock thier faith repeatably.
You may listen? How will you know if it has more to offer than your current beliefs if you don't have a deep and thorough study of the Koran?

p.s. I don't see the meme pictures as mocking, but rather addressing legitimate questions/claims in a whimsical fashion.

Also, I'm not calling you ignorant, Robert Ingersoll was addressing faith, calling it a mix of insanity and ignorance. Faith is believing in something without evidence. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Having faith involves a lack of knowledge. If you know something exists, you don't need faith. The insanity portion is probably just bluster. I know plenty of people of faith and don't think they are insane.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04431 seconds with 20 queries