Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss. (another religion thread, so we're not mucking up Immortal's)
View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #59
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Oh heck yeah, there are tons of very dark parts of the bible. Never said there wasn't but they all point a need for a savoir. Most of Christ's Lineage was messed up people who cheated, lied, and did all sorts of 'ungodly' things. His earthly Dad almost quietly disowned his mother before he was born. Mosses was a drunk. The list goes on. None of that devalues the Gospel. If anything it explodes the gospel because it shows how God used the least 'Godly' people to bring his plan to completion through Christ.

Then there is the whole "Why did God kill so many people argument". Most of the time we try to look at history (in a general sense, not just biblical events) through 21st century eyes. You killed people to survive and God showed favor to his beloved people so that his plan for the whole planet would come to completion. He also used those times to discipline his children when to show them, and us today, that the best direction is following after the creator of the universe.

I hate doing this because I really don't have the time. But Try me.
How does it not devalue the Gospel? How can as a Christian, say the bible is holy and the word of god, yet not grasp how only certain verses are snipped to fit an agenda. It's the holy bible, but only these parts, and the rest of it, well we just don't talk about the rest of it. How can a holy book, that you are supposed to live your life by, contradict itself so much?

What I'm getting at here, is that it's pretty evident that the Christain church, especially the Catholic church, is pretty damn crooked and they have their own agenda. They are pretty much their own government, so they are going to edit and paraphrase the bible to fit that agenda. If you say that isn't true, pick up a history book.

Page generated in 0.06835 seconds with 20 queries