Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss. (another religion thread, so we're not mucking up Immortal's)
View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #55
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
These are premises within the religion that may make sense to you since you already believe it, but it doesn't really do much for someone like me. I guess I wasn't clear, when I asked for reasons to believe, I meant reasons that lead you to believe that Christianity is true. This is because for me, the reason to believe something is the preponderance of evidence showing you that it's believable. What is the evidence that lead you to believe? That would be a reason to believe.
This goes back to the conversation GM and me were having. The Evidence is anecdotal. I can't show it to you and have you accept it because it may not 'do it' for you. I'm a logical person who has had an experience that shifts my Logical thinking to incorporate God.

My logical thinking is formed from my up bringing and environment though. I'll be the first to admit that I believe in God because my parents raised me in a Church environment. However, I choose to have the faith I have because of the things I've experienced.

Because I have a different logical perspective (I call it a world view) I see things differently then you do. Where you see coincidence, I see purpose. Where you see pain and suffering, I may see a great potential for growth in God. Any evidence I may give you will probably not convince you because of the shift in perspective.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05921 seconds with 20 queries